Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 54

.


Now, this is what a writer's notebook should look like!  Intriguing, cryptic, all but unreadable.  Bravo, me.

Now I'll ruin it by transcribing what I wrote:

In the Land of La, everything is other than it is here.  People are trees and walk upside down on the yellow grass of the sky.  George Bush is worshiped as a god.  Mother Teresa was a war criminal.  Politics is rational.  Religion tacks its sails to the prevailing winds.  Oh, happy land!  Where poverty is enough to get by on and wealth cannot buy respectability.  Where all men are judged by their character and women respected for their accomplishments.  Where [something] you and I, architecture is music and music is dance.  I'm confused -- and so are you.  We [something] both of us know what to do.
But how does that differ from any other day?

Can't figure that one out at all.  But I do recall that it had a specific point.  If I'd ever intended to publish it, I would've written a second draft in which that would have been made comprehensible.

La is an obvious echo of Oz, and possibly also of La-La Land.

*

No comments: