Monday, March 21, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 53

.


More notes from the conference.  But now -- thank God! -- my mind is starting to wander.  Something somebody presented about electronic "stamps" started me thinking about the possibilities of intangible art that you'd have to go someplace physical to collect.  (I'm sure real artists have been doing this for some time.)

Then there's a note for a steel point etching: "Allegory Enlightening the Masses."  But, as I noted, I'd already used this idea.  In The Iron Dragon's Daughter

Finally, an impassioned explanation of how young people are the desired audience, and that they're drawn by "something happening" caused me to write:  Nobody Worth Having's the audience drawn by "Nothing Happening."

I could work that last into an interesting paragraph.  It's true what they say-- sarcasm is indeed the mother of art.

Or perhaps it's boredom I'm thinking of.

*

No comments: