Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 50

.



The one-page comic by Robert Crumb and his wife Aline Kominsky-Crumb was printed somewhere to promote a show of Crumb's art at the ICA here in Philadelphia.  Great show.  I cut up a picture in an art magazine and pasted scraps of it over the comic to create something new (and spoil the page as a cartoon) so I wouldn't be in violation of copyright.


Up at the top, it says prob. ought to read The Tipping Point.  I probably should still.

*

2 comments:

HANNAH'S DAD said...

> Up at the top, it says prob. ought to read The Tipping Point. I probably should still.

I dunno. I loved Malcolm Gladwell until I didn't. I think he writes the literary equivalent of junk food - attractive and tasty, but doesn't sit well.

Hope the Starship Sofa thing went well. I'd signed up for it, but unfortunately my brain decided that having a migraine would be a better use of its time just then.

Brains! Can't live with them, can't live without them.

Michael Swanwick said...

I think it went well. Most particularly, Greg's take on story openings was a model of clarity, and every word of it true.

My own presentation was marred by the mysterious disappearance of one sheet of diagrams, but Greg claims it went well. I may write it up as an article someday, if I ever get the free time.

It was very bad of your brain to do that to you, though. Those things are more willful than cats.