Monday, March 28, 2011

Famous Philadelphian Cat Bloggers (First in an Endless Series)

.


Yes, I've been lax in getting today's blog post up.  But look how busy I've been!

On Friday, I did a reading for Philadelphia Fantastic with Tom Purdom because we were both in the recent Asimov's Science Fiction double issue, he with his stunning A Response from EST-17 and I with my incredibly moving An Empty House With Many Doors.  Just before going on, we realized that Darrell Schweitzer was in the same issue with his poem Monsters of the Stratosphere and since he was present, we recruited him to read as well.

On Saturday, Purdom's Raiders met in our house for the first time.  A terrific social success.

On Sunday, Marianne and I went to an invitational furniture show at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.  

And today I began a story tentatively titled Of Finest Scarlet Was Her Gown, in which the Devil throws a martini in the young protagonist's face.

So it's perfectly understandable why I haven't had the time to blog today.  Which is why I want you all to welcome guest-blogger Miss Helen Hope Mrrlees, shown above hard at work on today's post.

I'm sure she'll have something for you soon.


Above:  Her royal self, hard at work.  

*

2 comments:

Eileen Gunn said...

What is invitational furniture?

Michael Swanwick said...

It's very welcoming.