Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No, Not Too Soon

.


Stephen Notley (by whose kind permission I post the above) reports that his latest Bob the Angry Flower cartoon was received with understandable non-enthusiasm by his editor at Vue, who felt that it was too soon for tsunami humor.  And to be honest, that was my initial reaction.  For about ten seconds.

Then I thought of the first time I saw that astonishing flaming-buildings-being-swept-inland footage.  It was followed immediately by the usual photogenic newsreader saying, "More astonishing visuals after this commercial break!"

I turned off the television.  Because I didn't want to be entertained by the devastation of property and humans lives.  And that's what I'd been offered.

It's good to know that I'm not the only person who noticed that.

You can find Bob the Angry Flower here.   If this is your first exposure, I recommend scrolling down to the bottom of the page and checking out Schrodinger's Fridge and Lord of the Ringz.


And I'm still on the road . . .

As I will often be in the coming months.  I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.  On the one hand, it's distinctly wearying.

On the other hand, driving up I-95 toward NYC, a bald eagle flew low over the car.  That was pretty good.

*

No comments: