Monday, February 14, 2011

Revisiting The Dragons of Babel

.


Those who have been visiting this blog from the beginning (if that includes you, then thanks!) will remember all the plot diagrams I drew to help chart out the plot of The Dragons of Babel.  Here's another, which I just found at the bottom of a box of loose papers I was weeding my way through.

From top to bottom, left to right:

Plot (Will)


               King Dragon          song of the scythe          (camps)


In the city, actuaries
know the price of every
life, setting wergeld for
deaths-attributable-to-
negligence in strictest 
accord to their charts
of life expectancy, earnings
potential and ----


Obviously an early diagram.  I'm not sure why that scrap of idea (which I may or may not have used, eventually) was deemed significant enough to set down.  The sketch to the right is meant to suggest the Tower of Babel.

*

No comments: