Sunday, May 5, 2019

Friday's Page from the Image Book

.


Ive started falling behind again. I can only plead busy-ness, the details of which are probably more interesting to me than they would be to you. So let's cut right to the chase.

The snake was pasted into the notebook because it looked so much like an alchemical symbol--for infinity-and-a-half, perhaps. I wanted the fictional metaphysics of the novel to go beyond the metaphysics of our own world.

This image, perhaps, inspired the later relationship between Faerie, the Empyrean, and Aerth.


Above: For those who came in late, my latest novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, will be published in 53 days. To draw attention to this fact, I'm serializing the Image Book I made to help me imagine a strange world for the book.

*

No comments: