Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Chasing the Phoenix Ebook -- On Sale!!!!

.


I am really not very comfortable with or very capable at the whole self-promotion thing. Which puts me terribly out of step with the contemporary world. Luckily, I have have people to do that sort of thing for me.

Speaking of which,  the good people at Tor.com are promoting my forthcoming novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, with an ongoing sale of the e-book of my last novel, Chasing the Phoenix. For the entirety of the month of May, it's on sale for 2$.99.

Which, if you like e-books and the adventures of the Post-Utopian confidence artists Darger and Surplus, and don't already have the book, is a pretty good deal.

You can find a more riveting sales pitch and buttons leading to the sale item on various platforms here.


And today's page from the Image Book . . .




Holy guacamole but I can't draw! That's just awful.The exaggerated bulges are bad enough but that face is terrible.

Oh well. The picture, I think, came from a New York Times article about an opera. I was trying to reimagine one character as a horse-woman. The result was bad enough that she never made it into the novel.


Above: For those who came in late, my latest novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, will be published in 49 days. To draw attention to this fact, I'm serializing the Image Book I made to help me imagine a strange world for the book.


*


No comments: