Thursday, May 16, 2019

Duchamp's Unicycle

.


The text says Plato's Cave and Unicycle.

Yes, that's Marcel Duchamp's readymade, Bicycle Wheel turned upside-down. One of the major concerns of The Iron Dragon's Mother  (and, indeed, the trilogy as a whole) is the relationship between Faerie and Earth--or, as they call it, Aerth.

So this picture was a reminder to myself that assumptions and expectations would have to be upturned or reversed if the novel was to work as planned.


And today's obligatory advertisement . . .

As mentioned before,  the good people at Tor.com are promoting my forthcoming novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, with an ongoing sale of the ebook of Chasing the Phoenix. For the entirety of the month of May, it's on sale for $2.99.

You can find a more riveting sales pitch and buttons leading to the sale item on various platforms here.


Above: For those who came in late, my latest novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, will be published in 40 days. To draw attention to this fact, I'm serializing the Image Book I made to help me imagine a strange world for the book.
*

No comments: