HOW TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR PENZEY'S SPICES BUMPER STICKER
1. Visit your local Penzey's Spices store.
2. Pick up one of their FREE bumper stickers.
3. Assemble your tools: Cutting board, scissors, and Sharpie pen (black).
4. Cut up the bumper sticker as shown. Throw away the superfluous parts.
5. With your Sharpie, change the period to a question mark.
6. Affix the top half of your modded sticker to your car's bumper.
7. And now the bottom half.
8. Seek help immediately. No rational person would do something like this. There's probably something wrong with you.
And I'll be making appearances in TWO cities this week . . .
Here's the nitty-gritty:
Wednesday, September 21
FANTASTIC FICTION at KGB reading series. – Michael Swanwick & Andy Duncan
Andy Duncan is one of the great readers in science fiction, so this should be great.
85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave)
New York, NY 10003
Baltimore Book Festival: All Events at the SFWA Booth (I believe)
Friday, September 23
3:00-3:30 pm Reading: Michael Swanwick
Acclaimed science fiction author Michael Swanwick will read from his works and talk about his science fiction and fantasy.
4:00 pm. Group signing, chat, raffles
Join authors Rosemary Edgehill, Toby Devens, John Maclay, Michael Swanwick, Michael Sullivan, and Cindy Young-Turner to chat, have your books autographed, and win prizes.
6:00 pm Publishing as a professional writer in speculative fiction
Panelists Michael Swanwick, Catherine Asaro, and Toby Devens offer tips and answer questions about how to get started in genre fiction and conduct a successful career.
Saturday, September 24
2:00 pm 1984--Are we there yet?
Panelists Brenda Clough, Don Sakers, Alan Zendell, and Michael Swanwick discuss the social and political themes in science fiction, as in the tradition of the novel "1984" Science fiction offers a unique vehicle for examining the consequences of various political and sociolical phenomena by extrapolating them into the future. Just how provocative can you make such ideas? Is it ever too much? Come share your thoughts and ideas with our panelists.
Above: Kids, don't do this at home! Or anywhere else for that matter.
Give Andy a hug for me!
Post a Comment