Friday, June 17, 2011

Dancing With the Hour of the Wolf

.



Wednesday night, Marianne and I went down to Wall Street, NYC, to be interviewed by Jim Freund at WBAI.  Both of us.  Separately.

I was, of course, promoting Dancing With Bears, my shamelessly diverting Darger & Surplus novel.  Which is important, because if enough people buy it, I'll write another one.  Also predictable, because I'm a responsible guy who supports his publisher -- in this case, Night Shade Books.

Marianne was up to something interesting, though.  She was being interviewed on tape for a forthcoming show which will feature my interview of her in the persona of Hope Mirrlees, the brilliant fantasist and poet who wrote Lud-in-the-Mist and Paris, a Poem.  We performed the interview at a convention last year and Marianne was brilliant.  I say that objectively.  I knew the interview would be well-received and I was expecting thunderous applause at the end.  What I did not expect was the rapturous cheers.

Luckily for us, Jim was present and recorded it all.  For a forthcoming show, he interviewed Marianne about Mirrlees and about her "nano-press" imprint Dragonstairs Press.  The plan is to stitch the interview with Hope and the interview with Marianne together for a future episode of his late-night show, Hour of the Wolf.    When it comes available, you'll be the first to know.

Meanwhile, Jim's interview with me is available, for the next two weeks, online.  You can listen to it here.


And speaking of Hope Mirrlees . . .

There's good news for the well-heeled art book collector!  More on Monday.

Above:  The South Street Seaport, a hop-skip-and-jump from Wall Street and the WBAI offices.  Looks great on a spring evening, dunnit?

*

No comments: