Friday, May 1, 2009

Road Trip, Interrupted

.
I'm still traveling, and it's been a busy week. Two days ago I was in Washington, D.C, to give a talk at the Library of Congress. Then a quick interview taping for Fast Forward, and into the car and up to Pittsburgh on family business.

Along the way I caught the Louise Bourgeois show at the Hirshhorn. (http://hirshhorn.si.edu/exhibitions/view.asp?key=21&subkey=51) Wonderful stuff! If you get the chance, you should definitely go.

The big news, however, is that The Dragons of Babel (flogging which is the reason this blog exists, remember) is a top five finalist for best fantasy novel in the Locus Awards. So I am happy. Here's the category lineup:


Can you say apples, oranges, pine trees, bicycles, and engine blocks, boys and girls? A delightful set.

My collection is also up, as witness the following:

COLLECTION

But the single most interesting category has got to be:

YOUNG-ADULT NOVEL

To which I can only say: Wow.

You can check out the full list at:
http://www.locusmag.com/News/2009/04/2009-locus-award-finalists.html


*

No comments: