Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Eileen Gunn on Video

.
I just found this on YouTube! The immortal Eileen Gunn being interviewed in Japan a couple of years ago. She's obviously tired, but she still has that pleasantly strange quality of bemusement that is her hallmark.

Here's the video. I have no idea what's going on with the feet.







And that comment about "a peace-keeping measure"? Neither Eileen nor I will give an inch on matters of literature. "Eileen is as proud as I am," I told Marianne recently.

"The phrase you're looking for is 'proud as the Devil.'"

"The Devil's not half the writer I am!"


*

2 comments:

Eileen Gunn said...

Hey, you found it! I thought I might get away scot free....

Michael Swanwick said...

Nobody leaves this world alive. As Hunter Thompson said.

Okay, except for a number of cosmonauts and taikonauts and astronauts in the low hundreds. And he may have been raving at the time. Plus, I doubt it was original with him.

Still, truth is truth.