Sunday, August 5, 2012

Beer and Cape Spear

.


Human beings are the only creatures on Earth who would go out of their way to stand on the easternmost tip of land in North America.  Which might sound dismissive on the face of it, but we're also the same species that created the Quidi Vidi (pronounced "kiddy viddy") brewery, which turns out the only beer in the world made from glacier water.

I visited both spots yesterday which, as you've probably guessed, means that I was in St. Johns, Newfoundland.

And now I'm off to look for puffins!  Will I find them?  Stay tuned tomorrow

Above:  The lighthouse at Cape Spear, the northernmost etc. etc.

*

2 comments:

The Infinite Booksellter said...

SFWA Grand Master Jack Vance, 96, Plays Ukelele and Kazoo with Gusto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiOt6eW0pZI&feature=related

HANNAH'S DAD said...

I saw the Jack Vance clip earlier this morning and it made me quite as happy as seeing the Mars rover landing yesterday. What wonderful times we live in!

I await kazoo and ukulele performances by other significant sf/f writers.