Thursday, September 6, 2007

Reading at Big Blue Marble

Okay, as it turns out, three days a week is, incredibly enough, too little time to post all the things I've got going on. At the rate I've been going, I'll never get around to my noble crusade to eradicate a literary term. So from now on, I'm going to post a minimum of three days a week. And the very first thing I'm going to use this added freedom to mention is . . .

A Reading at Big Blue Marble Bookstore on Thursday, September 27, 7:00pm. Big Blue Marble is really a delight, a throwback to those pre-megabookstore days when each bookstore had its own individual and quirky personality. It's the kind of place where you find yourself spending rather too much money on books that, let's face it, you don't really need. But you want them, don't you? You know you do.

This reading is to promote my brand-new short fiction collection, The Dog Said Bow-Wow, which John Clute recently gave a rather good review, over at Sci Fi Weekly. If you're local and you've got the time, I'd really appreciate it if you'd show up. You have no idea how embarrassing one of these events is when nobody does.

Big Blue Marble Bookstore is located at
551 Carpenter Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19119, right next door to the locally-legendary Weavers Way Co-op. Close by the intersection with Greene Street. Right in the heart of Mt. Airy.


No comments: