Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Another Page from the Image Book

.


Two more images. The top one is a painting by Linda Yuscavage.

Want to make a woman's face look creepy? Remove her mouth. Or, as in this case, her eyes. I posted that picture upside-down to slow down recognition because taken straight such an image tends to become allegorical. And I didn't want any allegorical imagery in my novel. I wanted funhouse mirror imagery, distortions that would make the reader think about their relationships to the original and derive their own conclusions. Because I respect my readers.

Spoon-feeding is for infants.


And as often . . .

I've lost track of how many requests I've gotten in the past week, all saying, "I apologize for the short deadline but..." So I may not be posting anything other than these images this week. I apologize for that and I'll try to make it up to you later.

After I get caught up.

Above: For those who came in late, my latest novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, will be published in 62 days. To draw attention to this fact, I'm serializing the Image Book I made to help me imagine a strange world for the book.

*

No comments: