Monday, January 28, 2013

Dragonstairs Press Stirs and . . . Awakens?

.



Today's post is a little late because . . .  Well, to explain, I have to go back a bit.

Those who pay attention to these things know that my wife, Marianne Porter, is the self-styled "nano-publisher" behind Dragonstairs Press, which has done a number of very handsome limited edition chapbooks of my work.


The chapbooks aren't all, however.  One project that's been simmering away for over a year is Sam the Asteroid, a children's book based on a story I told Sean when he was very, very young. 

This is not your usual children's book.  In fact, Marianne is toying with using the blurb I wrote for it:  Black Humor for Small Children!  

Anyway, the art (by Adam Cusack) has been assembled, the publishing program bought, sworn at, and mastered, and the tech team -- that would be Sean -- has been recruited.  So this morning Marianne said to me, "Today we [insert publishing babble here] -- so if you want to make any changes to the text, you'd better do it now."

So that's what I've been doing all day.  Reworking and revising the text for Sam the Asteroid.  I'll keep you posted on when it comes available.  Or, you can watch the Dragonstairs website here.  Pre-publication orders are not currently being accepted.

There's also another Dragonstairs project in the offing -- and it's a strange and wonderful one too.  I'll keep you posted on that one as well.

 *

No comments: