Monday, November 16, 2015

Guess What Made the Kirkus Best Fiction List!

.



I received some pleasant news today.  Chasing the Phoenix is one of eleven books on the Kirkus Reviews list of the Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of 2015. Which apparently automatically also put it onto their list of the 100 Best Fiction Books of 2015. Because there it is as well.

So I am happy for me and hope you are too.

You can see the long list starting here. You can read the genre list here. And you can read Kirkus's original review here.

Somewhere in the back of my head, however, I can hear Darger and Surplus muttering to one another, trying to work up a scheme to turn this to their advantage.


Oh, and...

Congratulations are due to the others on the science fiction and fantasy list: Carolyn Ives Gilman, Scott Hawkins, C. A. Higgins, Ann Leckie, Cixin Liu (and translator Joel Martinsen), China Miéville, Natasha Pulley, Kim Stanley Robinson, Ann & Jeff VanderMeer, and Robert Charles Wilson.

Doesn't that list of names make you want to take the afternoon off and do nothing but read? I honestly think you should. Tell your boss that I said it was okay.


*