Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Listen To This!

.



I'm in audio again!  My story "The She-Wolf's Hidden Grin" (no points for finding the Gene Wolfe reference hidden in the title) has been picked up for Allan Kaster's audio anthology, The Year's Top Ten Tales of Science Fiction 6.  It is, as I've said before, a gender-switched take on Gene Wolfe's novella, The Fifth Head of Cerberus

Gonnabe writers can learn a lot by reading or listening to my story and then looking up the original -- and reading it over and over again.  It really is one of the most brilliant science fiction novellas ever written.

The other stories in this more than nine and a half hours long anthology are:

Zero for Conduct, by Greg Egan
Exit, Interrupted, by C. W. Johnson
Pathways by Nancy Kress
Entangled, by Ian R. MacLeod
The Irish Astronaut, by Val Nolan
Among Us, by Robert Reed
A Map of Mercury, by Alastair Reynolds
 Martian Blood, by Allen M. Steele
The Best We Can, by Carrie Vaughn

Which you've got to admit is a pretty tasty lineup.


And this weekend . . .

As always, I'll be on the road again.  I'm going to be at Readercon in Burlington, MA.  I'm not on any of the programming, but I'll definitely be there.  If you are too, feel free to stop me and say hi.


*

No comments: