Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ghoulies and Endings

.
From Ghoulies and Ghosties, Long-Leggitie Beasties . . .

(Part 20)
 
Soon you will be extinct.

(Continued tomorrow.)
 

And my commentary . . . 
  
Remember the first paragraph?  The lingering summer weather?  The field that crunched underfoot?  It's not necessary that the reader catch any of that.  But the logic of the story demands this underpinning.

You can read all of the story to date here.

And my vacation is over  . . .  
Today I go home.   For a week I've been eating seafood:  Clams, oysters, scallops, shrimp, lobster, cod (two ways), and pastrami-cured salmon.  And when I reach Roxborough, I'm going to stop in the Super Fresh to buy the biggest, REDDEST steak I can find.
Thus do luxuries arouse our desires for what they are not.

Above:  .Sunset.
*

2 comments:

David Stone said...

It seems that the page collecting the entire story is not loading properly right now.

I hate to admit it, but I'm too impatient to read it one sentence a day, I tend to wait several days and read what has accumulated. Symptomatic of my video-game and instant media-addled ADD generation I guess...

Michael Swanwick said...

Well, the sentence-a-day serialization is an experiment, after all. Comments on whether it works and how to improve the experience are welcome from one and all.

I think I've fixed the link. Fingers crossed.