Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ghoulies and the End of My Vacation

.





From Ghoulies and Ghosties, Long-Leggitie Beasties . . .

(Part 19)
 
"Your kind has ruined this world.

(Continued tomorrow.)
 

And my commentary . . . 
  
Yeah, there's a subtext here.  You almost can't avoid subtext in stories with monsters.  And horror naturally tends toward the moralistic.  But it's only in-your-face obvious when you slow down the reading process as I have here.

You can read all of the story to date here.

And I'm still on vacation . . . 
Today's my last day of vacation.  There hasn't been a lot of not-doing that I haven't not-done.  I've lazed, lolled, and loafed.  I've snoozed, napped, slept in, and occasionally rested my eyes.  And I haven't written down a fraction of the story ideas that course through my head.
Monday I get back to work.  But I'll think bout that tomorrow.


Above: A flicker's wing, found on the beach.  Nature's like that.  Those who have a problem with violence and death should stay in the city.
*

No comments: