Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 134

.


(Overheard at the movies)

Whatever I was watching when I wrote this, I was so little engaged that I decided to write down all the most banal lines of dialogue:

Should I show you?
Yes.
Keep it close to your heart.
I've had them since I can remember.
Are you all right?
Yes, thank you.
Well, then I have something for you.
It is no magic -- truth is not always appearance.
I was bound by my oath of office to keep the secret.
He will not come out at all.
You must not excite yourself.
It's all true.
I ... saw him.
Gentlemen!
We thought you'd shot your bolt.
Who's with me?
Something must connect them.
[Something something] upstairs, between father and son.
I hear nothing.
Nor I.
Quicken pace!
When the other comes, I will hold him.
He comes now.
Follow the [something] trail.
We're leaving.  We're leaving now.

Oh, wait.  According to the annotation on the side, it's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  Which, let's be fair here, looked great.

*

1 comment:

Frank Böhmert said...

Well that's okay. We don't watch Tim Burton films for the dialogue, right?