Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The World's Smallest Stop-Motion Animation


As I mentioned the other day, I was at the Philadelphia Pen Show over the weekend.  And with a small fraction of the money I saved by not buying the hand-crafted pen I really really wanted, I was able to pick up a pen for public signings.

Eileen Gunn has surely recognized the pen as being an updated version of the one I wielded when I posed for my portrait with cutting-edge artist Francisco Goya.  You can compare and contrast here at the Infinite Matrix site.

And speaking of the world's smallest stop-motion animation . . .

This is so very, very cool.

And here's the mini-documentary on how it was done.  Even cooler.



SpeakerToManagers said...

Ever so cool! Of course, it would be Ardman who'd do something like that. Thanks for posting it.

Eileen Gunn said...

That is a cool pen, Michael, and a cool veideo as well. The mystery remains of how Kinney and Mavrides shrunk you an d Goya down for the photo shoot.

Michael Swanwick said...

You don't want to know, EIleen! It involved hot sand and scooping out my intestines and . . . well, after that it got gross.

I suffer for my art.

And I make sure that my readers do too.