Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday's Page from the Image Book

.



Things are starting to move! This is a publicity photo of Helen V. from her younger days. Back then, she was a vibrant, exciting woman who had her share of men and made her share of mistakes. But she wasn't glamorous looking. She didn't need to be. She was on the production side of the camera.

(When I identify a character, I should mention, the picture isn't supposed to be taken literally. Helen may or may not have looked like this. But the picture says something about her character, her inner self, and that's useful to me when the time comes to write about her.


Above: For those who came in late, my latest novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, will be published in 51 days. To draw attention to this fact, I'm serializing the Image Book I made to help me imagine a strange world for the book.


*

No comments: