Thursday, September 8, 2016

Portrait of a Leaf

.



It's rushing the season, I know. But autumn is coming. And so...


Portrait of a Leaf

I planned to die young and leave a beautiful corpse. But when summer turned scorching, I did my small best to shade my comrades from the sun. This is the result.

But I do not complain. Others gave, and suffered, more. I did what I could. That's enough.


Above: Leaf, both text and image, copyright 2016 by Michael Swanwick. Today's post is a day late simply because I had no notion what to post. This happens, unfortunately.

*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"Today's post is a day late simply because I had no notion what to post. This happens, unfortunately".

Wow! It's a pity, my dear friend, but let me inform you that Russian-language of your Chasing the Phoenix saw its printing facilities and at present it's on sale at Moscow International Bookfair. Some picss will follow soon.

Bst. rgds., Alexei

Unknown said...

Pardon my mistake. Of course, I mean Russian-language translation of your novel.

Alexei

Sandy said...

Terrific! One has to wonder what Russian SF fans think about Swanwick stories and novels set in Russia. Hopefully, he has good translators.

Unknown said...

Russian fans receive Michael's works set in Russia quite positively. He likes Russia and our culture and they sense it quite easily. And Michael's Russian translators are really good.

By the way, in his latest collection Not So Much Said the Cat, Michael has two more stories set in Russia, namely Libertarian Russia and Pushkin the American.

Alexei

Unknown said...

Finally, as for the Dancing with Bears, you may see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mZGLRY2L0

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoXz4HUMTg

and that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJEQmrcxg3U

Alexei