Friday, May 27, 2011

Your Wretched Refuse, Yearning to Breathe Free . . .

.


Here it is, the photo that all America has been screaming for!  Pictured above is Gardner Dozois, as he was when he first arrived in this country, a starving refugee from the great Dutch tulip blight.  Look deeply into those sad, sad eyes and you'll see the smallest glimmer of hope . . . hope that someday he might breathe free . . . hope that sometime in his lifetime he'll be able to eat a full meal . . . hope that the science fiction in his adopted homeland might not entirely suck.

Aww, God bless America!  I wipe a tear from me eye.



And as usual . . .

I'm on the road again!  I make no promises . . .  Saturday, Balticon has placed me on a total of eight items in thirteen hours . . .  and the last time this happened, at Lunacon, it all but broke me . . . But I'll do my best to post a photo of my breakfast on Facebook.

Because the world demands it.

*

2 comments:

GordonVG said...

Is it just me or does Gardner look like Kevin Bacon in this picture?

---Gordon V.G.

Michael Swanwick said...

The consensus here in Philadelphia is that he looks like Charles Laughton.