Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 85

.


WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING, YOUR PRIVACY WAS TAKEN AWAY.  THANKS.  TRUST US.


That's a decent title.  Below it are the notes toward an essay I never wrote.

end:  But shouldn't we have been asked first?

n -1:  In the fifties, this would have provoked outrage.  In the sixties, there would have been riots. The times today being what they are, the people who made this decision -- whoever they are -- knew that nobody would object.  And, so far as I can tell, they're right.




And another early note toward the (still tentative) third dragon novel.  You'll note that "Beth" is bracketed by not-so signs.  I'll know the book is ready to begin when I find the protagonist's name.

Dragon III -- As Beth lay dying . . .

*

2 comments:

Luke said...

Both previous 'Dragon' books have had a pretty tremendous impact on me, formatively speaking, as a writer. I love all of your stuff that I've read since, but those two have a special emotional resonance with me--thrilled to learn you're (tentatively) working on a third one.

Michael Swanwick said...

It feels very strange to be working on two novels at once. I'm hoping that the Dragon book gets written first.