Monday, May 9, 2011

And I'm On the Virtual Air Again!

.



I'm audible again!  The good folks over at Speculate! have just posted an interview with James Patrick Kelly and me about our stories in Eclipse Four (edited by Jonathan Strahan and published by Night Shade Books).  It was a pretty free-wheeling interview, and of course Jim is as witty as witty can be.

Look at those two rogues up above, up to no good and plotting who-knows-what.  That would be at the mingler just before Jim won a Nebula Award for Burn.  Yet, looking at that photo, I can't help think that we're just about to run a major scam of some kind.  The Wire, perhaps, or the Rag.

You can find the interview here.  Or you can just go to the Speculate! website and poke around here.



And I have been reminded to mention that  . . .


There will be a group signing at the Washington Hilton this May 20th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. as part of the Nebula Awards Weekend -- and it will be open to the public.  Free.  So if you're in the area, this is a real opportunity.  Lots of big-name writers as well as brand new hardly-known-at-all writers who are going to be big as big in a couple of years.  This is a great opportunity to document your ability to spot the big names early by scoring a career-early autograph.

There will be copies of Dancing With Bears for sale at the event and, I'm pretty sure, books by other writers too.  But nobody's going to be insulted if you bring in books you already own.  Quite the opposite, in fact.

*

2 comments:

Jim Kelly said...

I think I might have been asking if you or Ted Chiang was planning on publishing a novella that year, in which case I was going to cut my next novella down to novelette length.

Michael Swanwick said...

Jim, your modesty leaves me speechless.