Monday, May 2, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 83

.


January 2, 2009

Write a book -- "The Book of Light"

This probably refers to a small lamp I got at Ikea, made of something like nine swiveling Lucite or Plexiglas squares.  If so, I wrote short-shorts which I then wrote on the leaves, as a sort of instruction manual for life, starting at birth and ending with death.    Unfortunately, the ink slowly removed itself from the surface.  Someday I'll take a diamond-tipped pen to the plastic and then wipe in paint to make the letters stand out.

D & S -- "Why are you so passionate just before I go to a social function?"

"You may not be technically a man, yet you are unquestionably a male.  Thus, the only way I can ensure your fidelity is to roger you so repeatedly that it will take hours for your fluids to replenish themselves."

"You are surprisingly frank."

"I could see the suspicions forming in your mind.  So I confirmed them.  Had I not, who knows what you might have done?"

Don't bother looking for this in Dancing With Bears.  I didn't use it.  It just wasn't a very good notion.

*

2 comments:

Richard Mason said...

Um, I have the notion that "roger" is sex-role-specific.

I don't think that a woman--if it is a woman speaking--could roger a man, or rather I suppose she could by some means, but I don't see it as exhausting his fluids.

Michael Swanwick said...

A pity, that. There are so few direct verbs for the physical act of sex that are not inherently offensive or embarrassing.

Ah, well. There are worse things in my discarded drafts.