Tuesday, December 8, 2020

A Conversation About Avram Davidson

 .


 

The other day, I had a conversation about Avram Davidson with Seth Davis, for the Avram Davidson Universe podcast. Seth is the son of Grania Davis, who was once married to Davidson and he was Avram's godson as well. So he's well qualified to talk about the great writer.

Here's the podcast website's description of the episode:

In this episode, we sit down with author Michael Swanwick and listen to a reading of  "My Boy Friend's Name Is Jello” from the Avram Davidson Treasury.   Originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, July 1954 .  We discuss the meaning of the story and why Michael is such a huge Davidson fan!

I also... and this is a teaser... for the first time revealed how I once did Avram a solid. A fact which I only learned years after his death and he never.

You can find the conversation here.

If you wander about the site, you can also find conversations with Henry Wessells, Eileen Gun, and Avram's son Ethan Davidson. Which I heartily suggest you do. It would be time well wasted.

 

Above: The picture of Avram Davidson, lifted from Wikipedia (which would like me to remind you that they accept donations), fails to capture the intrinsic whimsicality of the man. But what photograph could possibly do him justice?

 *

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a huge Avram Davidson fan too. But you may already know that.

Michael Swanwick said...

I do. All sensible people are.

Or All The Seas With Oysters said...

What a great guest! A new episode that I highly recommend is “Beer Like Water” it’s one of the few recordings of Avram.