Monday, July 20, 2015

You're Invited To My Book Launch!

.



The launch for my new Darger & Surplus novel, Chasing the Phoenix, is only weeks away! And you're invited, of course.

The event will be held on August 11 starting at 7:00 p.m. at Main Point Books in Bryn Mawr.  Or, to be specific, at 1041 West Lancaster Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010.

I expect it will be a lot of fun. I hope to see a lot of my friends there. And I hope to autograph a lot of books.

But I should warn you that Main Point Books is quite a nice bookstore. If you can get out of it without buying more than one book, you've got a lot more self-controle than I do.
 
And for the same of gonnabe writers out there . . .

The critic and book collector John Clute once explained to me that, when autographing a book,  an author should only add the date during the year of publication or on days significant to the book's career -- the day it wins an award, say, or the author commits suicide. Any other time, the date adds nothing to the book's collectibility. Though if a reader requests one, it's only polite to oblige.

(I tell my friends that if they ever find me autographing and dating all my old books, they should buy me a drink and try to cheer me up.)

The date of the book's first appearance is, of course, a particularly desirable one.


*

2 comments:

Fran Wilde said...

On my calendar!

Joe Stillman said...

Here's a screen test for an actor who was rejected for the upcoming film version. His manners are just too atrocious to play Surplus.

https://youtu.be/x-oVPohjRRM