Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No Blog Today . . . You'll Find Me in the Bar

.


It's only a hop, skip, and a jump from Philadelphia to New York City ...  but it's a hundred mile hop, skip, and a jump.  So I'm a little busy at the moment getting ready for my reading tonight at the KGB Bar, and don't have the time to do a proper blog post.  For which, my apologies.

The bar is, as you can see from the photo above, a bit of a dive.  But it's a famous, literary dive.  When I was in Russia, the local fans made jokes about my then-forthcoming reading there.  I mentioned this reading to a friend in Britain and she waxed nostalgic about going to literary events there.

I don't need to hype this reading because the series always packs a full house.  Plus, Andy Duncan's going to be there too, and between us we're a goodly percentage of the best readers in science fiction.  ("No brag, just fact," as Old Man Sonnett used to say.)  So this ought to be a splendid evening.

But if you're in the area and you've never tried the Fantastic Fiction at KGB series, why not do yourself a favor and pop by?  Seven o'clock tonight at 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs).  Astonishingly enough, it's free.

*

No comments: