Monday, February 14, 2011

Revisiting The Dragons of Babel


Those who have been visiting this blog from the beginning (if that includes you, then thanks!) will remember all the plot diagrams I drew to help chart out the plot of The Dragons of Babel.  Here's another, which I just found at the bottom of a box of loose papers I was weeding my way through.

From top to bottom, left to right:

Plot (Will)

               King Dragon          song of the scythe          (camps)

In the city, actuaries
know the price of every
life, setting wergeld for
negligence in strictest 
accord to their charts
of life expectancy, earnings
potential and ----

Obviously an early diagram.  I'm not sure why that scrap of idea (which I may or may not have used, eventually) was deemed significant enough to set down.  The sketch to the right is meant to suggest the Tower of Babel.


No comments: