Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The New Prometheus

.


The Mongolian Wizard has a son... and he's a very dangerous individual indeed.

I'm back in e-print again! Tor.com has posted "The New Prometheus," the ninth chapter in the Mongolian Wizard series. In this episode, Ritter faces an opponent unlike any he has ever encountered.

There are projected to be twenty-one Mongolian Wizard stories in all, and I'm currently at work on the next two. So we're closing in on the halfway mark

Of this particular story, I will only say that I am quite pleased with it. I hope you will be too.

You can read "The New Prometheus" here. Or you can simply go to Tor.com and poke around. They have many articles and stories that you're likely to enjoy.


And over in the Image Book . . .





This picture came from a surprisingly legitimate source, possibly the New York Times' periodic fashion magazine. The text to the side says Centauress and the scrawl beneath reads She put on the minotaur mask. Now she was half woman and half someone who didn't give a fuck what anybody thought. Which seems to me half the reason for donning a mask in the first place.

If you could see my house, you'd know I have a thing for masks (the animal skulls are Marianne's). And pretty much all fantasists have a thing for half-human human-animal creatures.They come crawling out of the unconscious bearing a load of mystery and undeciphered meaning.



Above: For those who came in late, my latest novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, will be published in only 6 days. To draw attention to this fact, I'm serializing the Image Book I made to help me imagine a strange world for the book.
*

No comments: