Tuesday, June 11, 2019

READING TONIGHT!





I'm doing a public appearance tonight! I'll be reading from my forthcoming (in only 14 days!) fantasy novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother. I forget whether I've mentioned that event here or not. Anyway, the skinny is:

Leanna Renee Hieber and Michael Swanwick


read from their works

starting at 7pm 

The Parkway Central Branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia (Logan Circle), 

1901 Vine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.


And I got a good review . . .

In Locus, esteemed critic and reviewer Gary K. Wolfe wrote of The Iron Dragon's Mother, that "the irresistible appeal of Swanwick's version of Faerie, along with his usual skill at drawing vividly complex and conflicted characters trying to solve a mystery whose stakes keep spiraling outward, lend the novel a density and texture that seems a bit surprising, considering all the fun we're having along the way."

I may quote some more gobs of the review tomorrow, depending on how much else I have to say. Suffice it to say, I was happy with it.


And from the Image Book . . .





No, this is not upside-down. Or, rather, the image is deliberately pasted upside-down, for reasons that ought to be obvious by now. Less obvious is that it's a collage made up of four separate photographs.



Above: For those who came in late, my latest novel, The Iron Dragon's Mother, will be published in 14 days. To draw attention to this fact, I'm serializing the Image Book I made to help me imagine a strange world for the book.
*

No comments: