Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Watch the Players in White

.



This turns out to be a surprisingly nifty video.  Watch it and you'll see what I mean.  It demonstrates an important principle too.




Marianne and I were in Center City this morning, because we needed black envelopes, and on impulse had lunch at Parc.  That's why she looks so happy above.  She had a glass of white wine and I had a sazarac.  Then three different types of oysters.  And then lunch.  We sat at a window table overlooking the Curtis Institute.  Which is why I wasn't surprised to see a rather punkish-looking young man roller-skating purposefully down the middle of the street with a French horn case in one hand an a trumpet in the other.

If you know an adolescent mired in the Slough of Despond, tell 'em that I've been there and it gets better.  Lots, lots better.

Above:  I missed the color change AND the gorilla.  I like to think it's because I'm admirably focused.  

*

3 comments:

JJM said...

I got too distracted by the gorilla and the colour change to keep accurate count and notice the player leaving. One isn't left with all that much faith in eye-witness accounts, what between this sort of thing and the quirkiness of memory.--Mario

Michael Swanwick said...

My late father-in-law was a lawyer and used to say that somebody "lied like an eye-witness."

JJM said...

There speaketh a man with much experience. Except, of course, the eye-witness isn't lying just because he's not telling the truth ... and therein lies the problem.--Mario