Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Russia Captures the Imagination

.


There's a new interview of me up at SF Signal.  It was conducted by Bradley P. Beaulieu and I'm pleased with how it came out.  So kudos to Mr. Beaulieu.

You can find it here.


And it turns out that there is hope for me . . .

I'm not old yet, but I'm getting there.  And here's an early sign that old age will work out well for me:  The first trailer has been released for the movie based on The Hobbit, and I find I have problem waiting a year to see it.  I'm just glad that it looks like a decent bit of work.

You've probably seen the trailer already.  So I won't inflict it on you.  Instead, here's Terry Gilliam's video Christmas card.  I like to think of it as being not so much mean-spirited as surreal.

Enjoy.




*

5 comments:

Ruhan Zhao said...

In the interview it is mentioned that you are visiting Beijing for your next Darger and Surplus novel. If you need some help when you visit there I may be able to find some sci-fi friends in Beijing who can help you.

Ruhan Zhao

Michael Swanwick said...

That's very generous, Ruhan, and normally I'd take you up on the offer in a heartbeat. But I'm going to be on a tour, so that won't be workable.

But quite probably this won't be my last visit to China. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, anyway.

Ruhan Zhao said...

I see. Have a great time in Beijing!

Ruhan

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, a question if I may. Would the picture book for adults you mentioned be 'The Sleep of Reason'? Looking forward to that one!

Michael Swanwick said...

Bruce, unfortunately not. There are no immediate plans for a a hardcopy version of "The Sleep of Reason." Though there is hope, if ever I can free up the time to make it happen.