Friday, November 15, 2013

The Science Fiction Museum

.



Over Philcon weekend, I chatted with Leo Imperial, the Vice President for Programs and Visitor Experience for a museum that doesn't yet exist.  Which is why he was engaged in outreach to the SF community.

The vision of a group of volunteers is to create a major museum -- the Science Fiction Museum -- dedicated to my favorite genre of fiction in Washington, D.C.  Their immediate goal is to create a preview room, which could be used to raise funds for the museum.

I'm not sure how I feel about the basic idea, because as a writer I see the museums of the world as serving as a virtual museum of not only science fiction but of all literature.  But I like their vision and I like their passion and I wish them well.

You can find the Museum of Science Fiction blog here.  There are links that will answer any questions you may have.

.

No comments: