Monday, October 2, 2023

"Timothy: An Oral History"

 .



I'm in e-print again!

My story, "Timothy: An Oral History" was inspired by science fiction positing all-female human societies such as James Tiptree Jr. classic "Houston, Houston, Do You Read?" and Brian K. Vaughn and Pia Guerra's quite wonderful graphic novels Y: The Last Man." What if...  I asked myself. That's a bit of a spoiler for the first page or two, but I don't think it ruins anything.

I think it's a terrific little story and I don't think I've ever written anything quite like it. But you be the judge.

You can find it in the October issue of Clarkesworld.

Also in the issue (I haven't read them yet, but I will tonight) are the following stories:


 Possibly Just About A Couch by Suzanne palmer

The Blaumilch by Lavie Tidhar

Down To The Root by Lisa Papademetriou

Such Is My Idea Of Happiness by David Goodman

De Profundis, a Space Love Letter by Bella Han

Post Hacking for the Uninitiated by Grace Chan

Rafi by Amal Singh


And it's free! The twenty-first century may have been a  disappointment on the flying car front, but it has its compensations. Click here to go directly to my story.


*

No comments: