Friday, May 19, 2017

And As Always...

.
I'm on the road again!

This time I'm in Pittsburgh for the Nebula Awards. I'm not up myself, by a friend asked me to be the designated acceptor should the Work In Question win. If it does, I'll tell you all about it.

Meanwhile, I'm in Pittsburgh! I once ticked off a lot of fantasy readers by ending a novel with the heroine moving to Pittsburgh and becoming a chemist. That one baffled me. Chemistry is a great profession. And Pittsburgh is a great city. I'd rather be a chemist in Pittsburgh than rule in Narnia any day.

Today, I think I'll go to the Carnegie. Which is that most sensible of institutions, a world-class art museum which is also a world-class natural history museum. Or is it the other way around?

*

1 comment:

Dark Angel Cryo said...

What a coincidence, this Pittsburgh born sci-fi fan just finished reading that novel, which is what brings me to your blog.

I personally thought that her becoming a phd chemist made a whole lot of sense, given how she was into alchemy in the elf-world.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out Primanti brothers restaurant.