Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fallen Leaves (October 1)

.



In celebration of October, I'm going to post a photograph of a fallen leaf every day of the month. That's in addition to my regular blogposts, which will appear as usual.

The fallen leaves project began with my realization that leaves die anonymously and without epitaphs, their small stories untold. So I decided to make up this absence.

That's all.


Above: Sponsorship and additional photography provided by the M. C. Porter Endowment for the Arts. Other leaves will appear on Facebook and Twitter.

*

4 comments:

js said...

Is it too much to hope that these photographs will be collected into a book from Dragonstairs Press?

Michael Swanwick said...

Marianne has notions.

Paul Fraser said...

I like the leaf photos and find the epitaphs quite poetic: hope you don't run out of them before the end of the month.

Scritches.com said...

Thank you.