Sunday, August 17, 2014

In Which I Invite You To Be Happy For Me

.
As always, I am on the road again.  Tonight I'm in London, in a hotel with limited Internet access, which is why there's no picture above.  Tomorrow morning I begin the long journey home, which is why my Monday post is being put up on Sunday.

And I am feeling particularly happy.

Some of you will already know why:  I have been chosen to be a guest of honor at MidAmeriCon 2, the 2016 World Science Fiction Convention.  This is a serious honor, and one that particularly delights me because the 1976 MidAmeriCon was my first Worldcon ever.  I went there with friends hoping, of course, to have a good time -- but also hoping to learn something from the many panels that would improve my writing and bring me a little closer to being a published writer.

Looking back, my plan seems to have worked.

That's all for now.  I'm exhausted and I'm going to sleep.

I hope your day was good also.

.

6 comments:

Possed by Daemons. said...

Congratulations, you earned it. Your friend Eric Dillon

Eileen Gunn said...

Supercool, and about time! Congratulations to the MidAmericon organizers, both for winning the bid and for inviting you as GOH.

Jim Van Pelt said...

Congratulations! That's a great story.

Delia said...

That's wonderful! So pleased and happy for you!

Unknown said...

I'm happy for you, and for MidAmerCon II as well. Here's to excellent times in Kansas City!

Lawrence Person said...

Congratulations for a well-earned honor.

I'm sure with you and Pat it's going to be a great Worldcon.