Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Geek Highways: Organizing the Electronics

.


Marianne and I assembled all the electronic devices we plan to bring along on the Geek Highways expedition.  On the one hand, rather a lot.  On the other, fewer than I expected we'd take.

In my old age, I confidently expect to have the following conversation:

Young Person:  Why did you take so much stuff with you?

Old Me:  Well, we planned to take lots of pictures, maybe a movie or three, read some ebooks...

Young Person:  Why didn't you just use your iRing for all that?

YP has a good point, I'll confess.  Why does the future always take so long to get here?

*

3 comments:

Frank Böhmert said...

Why even go on an expedition? Just send your iPerson!

Pat J said...

"Why does the future always take so long to get here?"

To quote (or perhaps paraphrase) William Gibson: "The future is here; it's just not evenly distributed."

Joe Stillman said...

I'm sure you won't forget the 13 or 14 un-photogenic battery charges that you'll need for all that lovely iCandy.