Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wearing Gold Writing Shoes

.


What kind of shoes does a writer wear?  Well, Victoria Janssen wears shiny gold Doc Martins.  "If you click them together," I asked her, "where do you go?"  She clicked her heels and . . . voila!  She was in a bookstore!  I've gotta get me a pair of those.

I caught up to Vickie in swell bookstore Big Blue Marble, here in Philadelphia, last Saturday.  She was having a book launch party for The Duke and the Pirate Queen, the third book in her as-yet-unnamed "smutty romance" trilogy.   Free food, friendly people, an author who's happy to answer your questions, and a store full of books which you are permitted to buy.  Does life get better than this?  I think not.

If you live in Philadelphia and haven't been to Big Blue Marble yet, you're working too hard and spending too little.  Click here for their website.


Right:  There's the cover.  Yow.  That's all I have to say.  Yow.

*

2 comments:

Victoria Janssen said...

It was great to see you and Marianne!

BTW, the rest of the red wine is going into a pot roast.

Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said...

This is one of my favorite book covers ever-gorgeous and hot! And the boots are pretty awesome, too. :)