Monday, November 23, 2009

A Quiet Evening At Home

.





Well, Philcon has come and gone.  (Most interesting observation of the weekend, from new writer Anna Kashina:  "In Russian, there is no word for privacy.")  Cory Doctorow was very kind and generous when my reading went five minutes over schedule.  I stayed for his reading, of selections from his not-yet-published novel, for which he spent a month in southern China, doing research, and it sounds like a winner.  Some of the panels went well, others fell flat, and I learned more about the strange field in which I work.  So it was worth attending.

Afterwards, Marianne and I had a few close friends over to the house.  Here are their pictures.



































































































*

1 comment:

Victoria Janssen said...

I think the last photo wins.