Thursday, October 9, 2008

It Lives!


.
Here it is at last, the distinguished thing.   Two copies of The Best of Michael Swanwick arrived in the mail today, which means, I assume that they're either available now to the general public or will be momentarily.

This will be a short as well as early post, because Marianne and I are driving up to Elk County tomorrow to look at the -- wait for it -- elk.  It should be great.  

Any potential burglars, however, are cautioned not to think they can take advantage of our absence.  The house will be protected by vicious attack gamers.  You've been warned!


And as always . . . 

The Poem du Jour has been updated.  Yesterday's incantatory little ditty was by Octavio Paz.  In the comments for the previous poem (by Horace), Mario and I discuss the perils of translation.  And this coming Saturday's poem will be posted on Sunday.  You can blame the elk for that.

*

2 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

I will watch the mailbox. I ordered this from the publisher a while ago. The cover looks fantastic!

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Update: I have the deadtree. And, via Baen's Webscription service, I bought the eBook.

I have to ask: Erratta? What's with all the corrections to the book? Goodness...