Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Chattacon Schedule

Chattacon is only a week and a day away, and it's roaring down on us like some mighty . . . some enormous . . . Oh, damn, I just know there's an appropriate simile for what it's roaring and hissing and chugging down on us like.

In the meantime, I just received my marching orders. I mean schedule! Here it is:

Chattacon Programming Schedule

Friday

7PM Finley Opening Ceremonies: Guest Speeches

8PM Gallery A&B Meet the Pro's Reception



Saturday

3PM Gallery A Is it really worth the effort to write a book? Consider the odds: in 2004 over 1.2 million books were published-only 10 sold more than a million. Michael Swanwick, Toni Weisskofpt, Gerald Page, Peter David

4PM Centennial Lobby Autographs: Michael Swanwick

5PM Gallery A How Big is Big, How Small is Small, How Far is Far: The size, scope and majesty of space. Phillip Sacco, Michael Swanwick, Tom Dietz, Brad Strickland


6PM Gallery B Reading: Michael Swanwick


Sunday

12 Noon Finley A last chance to meet the guests-Q&A time. Michael Swanwick, Lynn Abbey, Peter David, Eric Flint


And of course, there's a lot of stuff involving other people which attendees will want to look into, including live music, belly dancing and (I am not making this up) a "haiku slam."

I've posted my schedule so that anybody looking to say hi or get an autograph or whatever will be able to find me. But I expect to be wandering about and easy to locate for the entire weekend. Here's a tip for anybody who's new to convention going: When you're looking for a writer, always start with the bar.

*

1 comment:

House said...

Thanks for posting, Michael. I look forward to meeting you and hearing your reading.

--Bill